Our Mission Statement
La Tragna Dance Academy was established in 2006 by Melanie La Tragna and offers training in Ballet, Tap, Contemporary and a wide variety of other subjects including Teacher Training, Choreography and Theory.
Through our professionally structured syllabus classes the students have the freedom to reach attainable goals and learn to work both individually and as part of a team.
Recognition of their achievements is assessed through regular examinations and performance awards - these are encouraged, but are not compulsory. The Academy has 100% exam pass rate.
Our aim is to provide a safe and friendly environment in which to explore the world of dance and performing arts through a range of exciting subjects which are suitable for all ages, interests and abilities and allows each student to achieve realistic and attainable goals. We aspire to give our students as many performance and workshop opportunities as possible to build confidence and learn self- expression through disciplined, yet fun, training.
We hope that we can inspire students to excel in their chosen genres or simply create a fun way to learn through the love of dance. We pride ourselves in the care and attention we give to each child as an individual.
La Tragna Dance Academy ensures that:
- All staff are fully qualified
- All LDA staff hold an enhanced DBS certificate and senior staff have up to date First Aid and Safeguarding training.
- The Academy adheres to Data Protection guidelines
- All staff have the opportunity for Continued Professional Development
- All individuals are treated with respect
- A range of creative and professional opportunities are offered to all students