Melanie La Tragna
I started ballet aged 3 at the King Slocombe School of Dance in Cambridge before moving to North Devon to continue training at the Portland Dance Academy.
I took part in the Adeline Genee Awards at Sadlers Wells and was studying for Solo Seal exam when I accepted a place at the Royal Ballet School.
- Studied Jazz under Arlene Phillips at Covent Garden Dance Centre.
- Gained Equity card in England before going on to contracts on cruise liners, TV work, Maxims, modelling etc.
- Co-run a school in Switzerland and taught fitness to Swiss Olympic Overland Skiing team.
- Taught dance in Germany and continued modelling.
- Returned to England to teach for various schools including - Demi Dance, N.D.C. Creative Arts Department and Principal Dance Tutor at Startrain P.A.
- Choreographed a number of professional shows Including dance assistant to Wayne Sleep.
Became a Fellow of the U.K.A. and set up L.D.A sending many L.D.A. graduates off to vocational schools and professional work.
Holds Enhanced DBS and First Aid trained etc.